Birth of Christ
The Date of the Birth of Christ
Rabbi Jonathan Cahn, author of The Harbinger and The Mystery of the Shemitah has been chosen in these last days to reveal end-time warnings and mysteries from the Hebrew scriptures. His research of the day Christ was actually born is very compelling.
Could there be something in God's plan for mankind connected to that exact day in the last days? Nissan 1 could be more important than anyone could have ever imagined. Time will tell.
Surely God has marked the day and recorded it in His Word. It was recorded for prospector's in search of divine treasure.
Thankfully there have been students of the Word of God that have searched out the scriptures to find concealed truths. There are many layers of truth in God's Word.
We could research the scriptures for a life time and never uncover all the treasure that is right before our eyes. The things of God are concealed right in plain view, yet it takes the Spirit of God to open our eyes as our heart searches for truth.
“ It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honor of kings is to search out a matter.” Proverbs 25:2.
So God is the concealer and His Spirit is the revealer.
“Study to show thyself approved unto God., a workmen that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of Truth” 2 Timothy 2:15
There are a number of miraculous births that could be listed in both the Old and New Testament. There is also the new birth that Jesus spoke with Nicodemus about in John 3:3 that, “...Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”
Aside from those, let us look at two supernatural births that occur first, in the Old Testament and secondly in the New Testament, toward the end of the Age of Grace.
The first is, the birth of the the Son of God, Jesus Christ, the prophesied seed of the woman that would redeem mankind after the fall of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden.
Jesus was born of a virgin. It had been prophesied.
“Therefore the Lord Himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and shall bare a son, and shall call his name Emmanuel.” Isaiah 7:14.
This supernatural birth was fulfilled according to the scriptures.
Matthew 1 :18-25
18 “Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When His mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before the came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.
19.Then Joseph her husband being a just man, and not willing to make a public example, was minded to put her away privily.
20. But while he thought on these things, behold , the angel of the Lord, appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.
21.. And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shall call His name Jesus: for He shall save His people from their sins.
22. Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying.
23. Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call His name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
24.Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife:
25.And knew her not till she had brought forth her first born son: and he called his name Jesus.”
The second supernatural birth will be, the birth of the sons and daughters of God. That will take place when we are transformed into the glorious image of Christ with a glorified body. The scriptures tell us:
“For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now. And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.” Romans 8:22-23.
2 Corinthians 5:1-6
1. “For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.
2. For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven:
3. If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked.
4. For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon,that mortality might be swallowed up of life.
5. Now He that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit.
6. Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord.”
1 Thessalonians 4:14-18
14. “For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
15. For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
16. For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17. Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18. Wherefore comfort one another with these words.”
Exodus 25: 1-9
1. “And the Lord spoke unto Moses, saying,
2. Speak unto the children of Israel, that they bring me an offering: of every man that giveth it willingly with his heart ye shall take my offering.
3. And this is the offering which ye shall take of them; gold and silver, and brass,
4. And blue, and purple, and scarlet, and fine linen, and goats' hair,
5. And rams' skins dyed red, and badgers' skins, and shittom wood,
6. Oil for the light, spices for anointing oil, and for sweet incense,
7. Onyx stones, and stones to be set in the ephod, and in the breastplate.
8. And let them make me a sanctuary; that I may dwell among them.
9. According to all that I shew thee, after the pattern of the tabernacle.”
1.“And the Lord spoke unto Moses saying,
2. On the first day of the first month thou shalt set up the tabernacle of the tent of the congregation.
3. And thou shalt put therein the ark of the testimony, and cover the ark with the vail.
4.And thou shalt bring in the table, and set in order the things that are to be set in order upon it; and thou shalt bring in the candlestick, and light the lamps thereof.
5. And thou shalt set the alter of gold for the incense before the ark of the testimony, and put the hanging of the door to the tabernacle.
6. And thou shalt set the alter of the burnt offering before the door of the tabernacle of the tent of the congregation.
7. And thou shalt set the laver between the tent of the congregation and the alter and shalt put water therein.
8. And thou shalt set up the court round about, and hang up the hanging at the court gate.
9. And thou shalt take the anointing oil, and anoint the tabernacle, and all that is therein, and shalt hallow it. And all the vessels thereof: and it shall be holy.
10. And thou shalt anoint the alter of the burnt offering, and all his vessels, and sanctify the alter: and it shall be an alter most holy.
11. And thou shalt anoint the laver and his foot, and sanctify it.
12And thou shalt bring Aaron and hid sons unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, and wash them with water:
13. And thou shalt put upon Aaron the holy garments, and anoint him, and sanctify him; that he may minister unto me in the priest's office.
14And thou shalt bring his sons, and clothe them with coats:
15And thou shalt anoint them, as thou didst anoint their fathers, that they minister to me in the priest's office: for their anointing shall surely be an everlasting priesthood throughout their generations.
16. Thus says Moses: according to all that the Lord commanded him, so did he.
17. And it came to pass in the first month in the second year, on the first day of the month, that the tabernacle was reared up.”
More to Come: